The Maydays Advanced Performance Longform Music Improvisation Course
Maydays Heather Urquhart and Joe Samuel lead this advanced-level 4 of The Maydays Longform Musical Improvisation Courses.
You'll have 8-weeks to stretch your longform musical improv wings. Creating a musical from nowhere. It looks like a miracle feels like flying and is much easier to do than you expect.
Building on the level 3 course* you will explore more song structures and ways of using music and singing in your improv scenes. The emphasis is slightly more towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv.
What can I expect?
- Musical games and exercises
- Different vocal styles and ranges
- Scenes going into songs
- Putting together longer runs of scenes and songs or a musical piece
- In this course, we will be learning the basics of stagecraft, musical theatre and presentation.
-Singing is scary for so many people so we will also be finding out how to support vocally and physically.
- Performance Showcase to show off your musical longform superpowers
Who is this course suitable for?
- Adults aged 18 100
- People who survived and enjoyed beginners/level 2 musical and longform improv (or those who have done our intro to longform music)
- Anyone looking to expand their range of longform musical improvisation skills.
- People who have done our longform and music courses and would like to start moving towards scenic and longform elements of musical improv
The people, the songs, the silliness, the seriousness, the camaraderie. Like having access to a toy box full of adventures every week. Even if I really wasnt in the mood after a full day at work, within about 20 minutes I was doing some nonsensical and loving every minute of it.
£195.00 10% Early Bird Discount Ends 2nd January at Midnight
Performance Showcase for family and friends on Tuesday 10th March 2020, doors 7.30 pm at the Maydays Studio Brighton.
GIFT VOUCHERS NOW AVAILABLE VIA OUR SHOP
8-weeks on Tuesday evenings, 7pm-9.30pm from 14/01/19-03/03/20 at The Maydays Studio Brighton.
*Please note if you've completed a performance level 2 in music and longform then this is enough to access this advanced course.
The Maydays Studio (View)
12A Regency Square
Brighton BN1 2FG
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|